Trying to find book on the World Wide Web
When trying to find books on the net there are number of things you need to do. I know everyone does it different, but this is how I find books. No doubt you’ll do it your way and that’s great good luck & I hope you find books your looking for.
My 7 steps to find books
- To find books fast you need to be comfortable with multiple browser windows open they all have this ability but I find Chrome is the simplest to use, but you can anyone you like.
- I usually have about 20 to 25 tabs open, but this exercise we’ll start with six tabs
- I firstly have two abebooks tabs open then one Bookshops.com.au, one Books & Collectibles, one Biblio.com, 1 or maybe 2 ebay sites open & don’t forget a couple of Google pages as well all this just to find books amazing.
- The next step to find books is type in the title, ISBN number, author I find that I usually do this on Abe first from there if I can’t find the book I usually go to Google enter details get the result refine it in Google books peruse the results, refine my search then back to abe with the proper details a quick search if I’m lucky its really just for me or my customer to accept the desired title in the best condition for the price, the job is done and on to another mission to find books for another customer. But if this part is fruitless then it’s onto the next step.
- This is where it becomes interesting to find books if its not on abe then my next step is depending on publication date it may well be a new book still in print which will send me to new bookshops some of which are Booktopia, or the Book Depository or the author that’s always worth a look or anyone of a hundred others.
- If its out of print then I usually try the other sites one good one I always try is Bookfinder it its a more broader service searching most of the other bookselling websites, can pick up that elusive title at an out of the way place
- A last resort is a quick scan of eBay you never know when you’ll find books of your choice.
Find books are you lucky? Well are you ….?
Some I can’t make a mistake the planets aligned or I’ve practiced simple abundance which I’m sure every book dealer does as matter of course, as with everything there are those days when I can’t find books on my table oh man is my table is always bulging at the seems. With books I’ve found, books I can’t find books that seem to just appear from nowhere as if by magic, but here they are on my table, waiting for that customer to find the title he wants. Now what if I got a bigger table. The deck of USS Coral Sea that would be a good size.
But after all the talk of the net there are lots people that still want find books the same old way browsing a bookshelf or just ringing their local bookshop & asking “Do you have this book?” Were always ready to answer your questions about finding books
1,146 total views, 1 views today